I got a letter in the mail from a law firm in San Francisco with a form folded inside and stapled to the envelope. It was an entry of default, and the plaintiff was Asset Acceptance a few weeks ago.

Now this is the first I've heard of this company, and I don't know why in the world they think I owe them money.

Now I have another letter saying there was a clerk's judgement entered against me for over 3 grand.

I have gotten messages on my answering machine, but they were automated, did not state the company, and the message was truncated. It could've been them, or not.

If they're a collection agency, I've never received anything stating who they're collecting for. So I'm at a loss for what to do here. I don't even have a phone number to contact them, nor anything to contact this law firm...except the address.

Had an Experience with Asset Acceptance?

Comments

They just called my place of business not too long ago asking for my boss.

I immediately looked them up and found out they were a scam.

The number they told me was 888-500-2534

yeah they just called. The contact person is Ricardo Dias 888-500-2534

THIS is who they are ... my neighbor is Asset's Florida office manager and he is such a *** about his job and always talks about private info.

he is ...

Daniel "Danno" Blackmar

101 Ruby Circle

Brandon, FL

(813) 643-6026 Home

(813) 363-6285 Cell

the number is 712 941 3525

Go to the court where the default judgment was entered and file a Motion to Set Aside.In your complaint, make sure you tell the court that the document you received appeared to be bogus, and that there were no validating documents entered into evidence.

Generally, at the VERY least, a signed contract signed with the original creditor must be presented (in this case, the bank you obtained the loan from).

They should also have provided a detailed account payment history and a letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor.

Asset is a well known junk debt buyer with thousands of complaints against them.Time and again, consumers who have faught back against these crooks have won.

THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF I HAD A CAR REPOSSED 10 YEARS AGO AND THEY FILED A JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME , BUT REFUSED TO PUT THE CORRECT AMOUN OF THE VEHICLE ON MY CREDIT REPORT AFTER THEY SOLD THE CAR DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONTACT NUMBER FOR THIS COMPANY?