There is a lien from my deceased husband on my property. They will not talk to me to have it removed because I have to have a letter of authorization to talk to them.

There was no will or probate, just medical bills, so there are technically no legal documents that I can talk to them. He was my husband who tragically died at 47 and they are making me go through all this? I have been on hold with consumer complaints department for 30 minutes and counting. Since when is there a privacy law for the deceased on credit accounts?!

This is so wrong on so many levels!

I can not move forward with this against my property!!! Furious

Reason of review: Will not let take a lien against my late husband that is on my property. There is no legal documents that i am the representative, .

Preferred solution: I want this lien off of my property that is in my late husbands name!.

I didn't like: Waiting and being on hold for almost an hour, Holding a lien against my deceased husband.

Comments

Moscow, Idaho, United States #1276204

No use talking with them. You will have to have the court that placed the lien remove it. Might need to talk to an attorney to get going.